Nous sommes le Mer 19 Sep 2018 08:57

Règles du forum

Ici, tous les supports dont vous avez besoin !
Prenez le temps de lire avant de poster. Vous trouverez peut-être la solution à votre problème.
Respectez toute personne apportant son aide bénévolement.

Here, all the materials you need!
Please read before posting. You may find the solution to your problem.
Respect any person assisting voluntarily.

Poster un nouveau sujet Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer de messages ou poster d’autres réponses.  [ 9 messages ] 
 2 improvements for rsrbr13 
Auteur Message
Jeune conducteur
Jeune conducteur

N° de pilote: 7307
Pseudo Live: rskenobi

Portugal (pt)

Message 2 improvements for rsrbr13
Why is there a waiting time of around 4 to 5 minutes before the beginning of a rally? This is very annoying.
And this week there is a rally with only the special Lyon-Gerland in the first leg, so we will have to wait 5:00 minutes to race for 1:30 min. And immediately after that we will have to wait 5 more minutes to start the 2nd leg... Fuuuu...
If this was fixed, rsrbr would improve a lot.

Another thing is a little more understandable but also very annoying and i have been DNF in some rallies because of it: the time between each stage should be more dynamic.
For example, a leg with 10 stages: we are in the 9th playing for almost an hour straight and something from real life happens and we have to do it before we can continue playing, but... there's the countdown clock for the next stage working against us.
Since this is just a game and not reality, if we were able to pause and even shut down the computer and continue the next day, would be a lot more user friendly and better for people who have a life...

So, can you give us these 2 Christmas gifts?

Dim 9 Déc 2012 20:24
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Modérateur
Modérateur
Membre de l'association

N° de pilote: 684
Pseudo Live: obelix

Belgium (be)

Message Re: 2 improvements for rsrbr13
.... Since this is just a game and not reality, if we were able to pause and even shut down the computer and continue the next day, would be a lot more user friendly and better for people who have a life...

How will the rankings of those who begin a rally on Sunday and end at the middle of next week ...?

o|:)

Le français est une belle langue, essayons de la respecter !

Avant de poster: utilisez la fonction Rechercher et vous trouverez probablement solution à votre problème.
Before you post: use the function Search and you will probably find solution for your problem.

Nous devons toujours répéter la même chose - We must always repeat the same thing Merci / Thank you

Utilitaire de dépannage RSRBR - Troubleshooting utility (Update 7)

Dim 9 Déc 2012 20:30
Pilote professionnel
Pilote professionnelMembre de l'association

N° de pilote: 3838
Pseudo Live: vatanen38

France (fr)

Dim 9 Déc 2012 18:24 ici  rskenobi a écrit:
Why is there a waiting time of around 4 to 5 minutes before the beginning of a rally? This is very annoying.
And this week there is a rally with only the special Lyon-Gerland in the first leg, so we will have to wait 5:00 minutes to race for 1:30 min. And immediately after that we will have to wait 5 more minutes to start the 2nd leg... Fuuuu...
If this was fixed, rsrbr would improve a lot.

Another thing is a little more understandable but also very annoying and i have been DNF in some rallies because of it: the time between each stage should be more dynamic.
For example, a leg with 10 stages: we are in the 9th playing for almost an hour straight and something from real life happens and we have to do it before we can continue playing, but... there's the countdown clock for the next stage working against us.
Since this is just a game and not reality, if we were able to pause and even shut down the computer and continue the next day, would be a lot more user friendly and better for people who have a life...

So, can you give us these 2 Christmas gifts?

:DDD  :DDD  :DDD  :DDD ok, so the rankings are made ​​when the? you think everything is all alone? possible that the final 5 minutes of waiting you should appear short if you had to wait until all the drivers have finished their rally?
if you understand the minimum  philosophy rallyesimand rally, you would not even asked the question, :D

Dim 9 Déc 2012 21:39
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Consultants
Pilote professionnel
Consultants
Membre de l'associationBug-TrackerStaff Rallyesim

Team: None
Ecurie: Peinard Racing
N° de pilote: 51
Pseudo Live: Aube

France (fr)

Citation:
Pourquoi y at-il un temps d'attente d'environ 4 à 5 minutes avant le début d'un rallye? C'est très ennuyeux.
Et cette semaine, il ya un rallye avec seulement la spéciale de Lyon-Gerland lors du match aller, nous allons donc devoir attendre 5:00 minutes de course à 1:30 min. Et tout de suite après que nous aurons à attendre 5 minutes de plus pour commencer la 2ème étape ... Fuuuu ...
Si cela a été fixé, RSRBR permettrait d'améliorer beaucoup de choses. Une autre chose est un peu plus compréhensible, mais aussi très ennuyeux et j'ai été DNF dans certains rallyes à cause de cela:. le temps entre chaque étape devrait être plus dynamique , par exemple , une jambe en 10 étapes: nous sommes dans le jeu 9e près d'une heure en ligne droite et quelque chose de la vie réelle qui se passe et nous devons le faire avant que nous puissions continuer à jouer, mais ... il ya le compte à rebours pour la prochaine étape de travail contre nous. Puisque c'est juste un jeu et pas la réalité, si nous étions capables de faire une pause et même d'éteindre l'ordinateur et continuer le lendemain, serait d'utilisateur beaucoup plus conviviale et mieux pour les gens qui ont une vie ... Alors, pouvez-vous nous donner ces 2 cadeaux de Noël?

Hello :)

We give this 5mn of waiting to permit put all setups on game, verify if all is ok for a good departure. I suppose we can give only 1 minut... but, 5 or 3 or 1... it's not many for waiting and preparing.
Second: we "create" legs to permt to cut championships and give time to do other things. If we permit to cut when you want, you know all roadbook meteorology and you can drive of line to training.
It's hard to make a choice between "legs" and "cuts" online championship when you want.

Regards ;)

Le forum et le Live de Rallyesim n'étant pas gratuits, faites un geste
The Rallyesim's forum and the Live aren't free, please feel free to do a gesture.
Merci ! Thank you!

Lun 10 Déc 2012 00:44
Profil Envoyer un e-mail Site Internet
Jeune conducteur
Jeune conducteur

Portugal (pt)

Citation:
We give this 5mn of waiting to permit put all setups on game, verify if all is ok for a good departure

And that is very well done!
What i'm suggesting is that those drivers (like me), who don't have time to waste and only want to enjoy the driving, can have an option to start immediately.

Citation:
we "create" legs to permt to cut championships and give time to do other things

Again, that is very well done!

Citation:
If we permit to cut when you want, you know all roadbook meteorology and you can drive of line to training.

Everyone can stop the rally before the first stage and train the roadbook meteorology, so that's not a valid point. but if you want a solution for your non existent problem, here it is: don't show the meteorology of the stages after the next "assistance / car repair".

What i suggest is to give a pause option during a rally (only one per rally, or only one per leg just for the emergencies like an important phone call) and not by closing the rally but in a different way: postponing the countdown for N minutes or hours to a maximum of 24h for example.

Another way to do that is to give a limit of 24h after the start of a leg to finish all the stages, instead of giving 5 to 10 minutes between each stage.

A third solution would be to give 1 possibility (1 by rally or 1 by week) to suddenly interrupt the rally (close rsrbr end shutdown pc) in each rally, continuing later in the same point. This option would be good also to prevent energy failures or internet connection failures, as well as the already described real life unexpected issues.

Citation:
How will the rankings of those who begin a rally on Sunday and end at the middle of next week ...?

I begin rallies on Monday and finish on Sunday (different legs) and there is no problem, because it's well done to work that way.
I don't know the mechanics behind rsrbr, but if the rankings are stored in a database, the only adjustment needed would be one more button ont the rsrbr GUI and a function in the code to handle this "pause" option.
And then restart the next stage when we can, the same way we start another leg in a different time/day.

There is something that allows us to start a rally and stop during the countdown before the 1st stage. With any of the solutions, it would just need to allow stopping before any stage but saving in the rally info that we had already used our option once, so we cannot stop anymore.

I hope you understand this time, since one portuguese guy talking to french guys in english here in this forum results in many things lost in translation...

PS: I just identified some of the few problems of rsrbr the really bother me and gave some possible solutions because i don't like to just criticize in a destructive way. You accept or not. Either way, rsrbr is still a very good job from you and you all deserve my sincere compliments.  *thanks

Dernière édition par rskenobi le Sam 29 Déc 2012 05:10, édité 1 fois.

Sam 29 Déc 2012 04:57
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Admin LiveMembre de l'associationDéveloppeurStaff Rallyesim

Ecurie: Wacky Races
N° de pilote: 19

France (fr)

Sam 29 Déc 2012 03:57 ici  rskenobi a écrit:
Everyone can stop the rally before the first stage and train the roadbook meteorology, so that's not a valid point. but if you want a solution for your non existent problem, here it is: don't show the meteorology of the stages after the next "assistance / car repair".

Problem is communication between drivers which makes secret not secret very long time ...
If we don't want to be able to stop after each stage is to avoid one driver do training on one stage, then drive it in official session, then left the official session, then do training on next stage, then do it on official session, etc ...

Sam 29 Déc 2012 03:57 ici  rskenobi a écrit:
What i suggest is to give a pause option during a rally (only one per rally, or only one per leg just for the emergencies like an important phone call) and not by closing the rally but in a different way: postponing the countdown for N minutes or hours to a maximum of 24h for example.

Too much work ... Time schedule is short for first stages, but then you can anticipate start of next stages and you have time to do break after 3 or 4 stages.

Another way to do that is to give a limit of 24h after the start of a leg to finish all the stages, instead of giving 5 to 10 minutes between each stage.

We don't want to give this kind of constraint.
Everybody is not able to plan his race week so tightely.  ;-)

A third solution would be to give 1 possibility (1 by rally or 1 by week) to suddenly interrupt the rally (close rsrbr end shutdown pc) in each rally, continuing later in the same point. This option would be good also to prevent energy failures or internet connection failures, as well as the already described real life unexpected issues.

We consider computer problem as engine problem.
If we start to consider computer problems in official session, we will waste a lot of time because of bad maintenance, and we don't want to do it.

Pas de support par MP. JE NE TRAVAILLE PAS POUR RALLYESIM QUAND UN MP ARRIVE !!!
Le forum est le meilleur endroit pour obtenir de l'aide. Plus de personnes peuvent vous aider et les réponses peuvent aider d'autres pilotes.
No support by PM. I'M NOT WORKING FOR RALLYESIM WHEN I RECEIVE A PM !!!
Forum is the best place to get help. More poeple can help you and answer can be useful for everybody !

Sam 29 Déc 2012 05:05
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Jeune conducteur
Jeune conducteur

Portugal (pt)

Citation:
Problem is communication between drivers which makes secret not secret very long time ...
If we don't want to be able to stop after each stage is to avoid one driver do training on one stage, then drive it in official session, then left the official session, then do training on next stage, then do it on official session, etc ...

It's possible to do that now! Start rally, see weather, stop rally before 1st stage. Train tracks with that weather. Start rally again and race.
And again i try to explain for the 3rd time: don't want to stop after each stage! I want to have 1 option to stop 1 time (1 per rally or 1 by week).

Citation:
Too much work ... Time schedule is short for first stages, but then you can anticipate start of next stages and you have time to do break after 3 or 4 stages.

Imagine you want to go to work, but before driving your car, having to wait 5 minutes... then you arrive at work and need to wait 5 more minutes before getting out of the car...  ](*,)  that's how i feel when i want to play, but then i have to wait 5 min to drive 1 leg with only 1 stage (example: lyon-gerland) and then have to wait another 5 min to play stage 2 on leg 2.

Citation:
We don't want to give this kind of constraint.
Everybody is not able to plan his race week so tightely.  ;-)

I guess you did't understand a single word of what i said... We play a leg in less than 1 hour and you say that an option to play in 24 hours would be tight...  ](*,)

Citation:
We consider computer problem as engine problem.
If we start to consider computer problems in official session, we will waste a lot of time because of bad maintenance, and we don't want to do it.

You don't have to consider anything: Person is playing. Something happens. Driver stops game. The next day, driver restarts game. The end!
Done in the same way we finish leg 1 and start leg 2 the next minute, the next day or 5 days later.

You can do it this way or anyway you want. What's easier and faster for you.

Last try:

Imagine this: leg 1, stage 10 of a total of 11 stages. something happens (phone call, diarrhea  :DDD , dinner is ready, sexy time, neighbor complains about noise and headphones are broke, energy failure, etc ). What happens?

Your option: DNF (10 stages to the garbage and time wasted).  :-O()

My suggestion: Continue playing later.  =D>

What you think i want: stop between each stage, train for the next one, finish rally in 2099...  :PPP  

How to do it? Do it the way you think is the best!

You think rsrbr is already the best? I think you may be correct!  o|:)

You think it cannot be better? I think you may be wrong!  [-X

Sam 29 Déc 2012 06:10
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Pilote professionnel
Pilote professionnel

N° de pilote: 1048
Pseudo Live: fifou

France (fr)

I think the best is that we have. You accept the rule  :(->  > it's ok  :D/ . You dont accept >  [smilie=chezfredoemoforum54.gif]

Ma chaine Image. Abonnez-vous

Sam 29 Déc 2012 12:52
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Admin LiveMembre de l'associationDéveloppeurStaff Rallyesim

Ecurie: Wacky Races
N° de pilote: 19

France (fr)

Sam 29 Déc 2012 05:10 ici  rskenobi a écrit:
And again i try to explain for the 3rd time: don't want to stop after each stage! I want to have 1 option to stop 1 time (1 per rally or 1 by week).

I understand this point, but as I said, it's not in our way of improvement because we can't take care of personal problem or computer problem of drivers ...  =;
Was possible when we was less than 50 drivers per rally with 3 rallies per week, now it's not possible and drivers have to manage their time and computer. Then if problem or surprise happens, it's not our problem and we don't want to start to manage this topic.

Citation:
Imagine you want to go to work, but before driving your car, having to wait 5 minutes... then you arrive at work and need to wait 5 more minutes before getting out of the car...  ](*,)  that's how i feel when i want to play, but then i have to wait 5 min to drive 1 leg with only 1 stage (example: lyon-gerland) and then have to wait another 5 min to play stage 2 on leg 2.

You are talking about something which happens less than 10 times a year ...  =;
You don't want these 5minutes, but some drivers wants it to check a last time if everything is good on their computer.
5 minutes is not so long and you have to wait this time only before first stage !
Then you can drive stage after stage without waiting time ... So I think it's not an important improvement and in addition you think in this way but some others drivers think in an other way, and we choose to keep 5 minutes before first stage.

Citation:
I guess you did't understand a single word of what i said... We play a leg in less than 1 hour and you say that an option to play in 24 hours would be tight...  ](*,)

I think you don't imagine how looks like week for other people ... You are not alone here !
For a lot of drivers, sometimes it's not possible to run a leg after another one in less than 24h ...

Citation:
You don't have to consider anything: Person is playing. Something happens. Driver stops game. The next day, driver restarts game. The end!

Already answered, we don't want to manage drivers problem of schedule or computer.

Citation:
Last try:

Imagine this: leg 1, stage 10 of a total of 11 stages. something happens (phone call, diarrhea  :DDD , dinner is ready, sexy time, neighbor complains about noise and headphones are broke, energy failure, etc ). What happens?

Your option: DNF (10 stages to the garbage and time wasted).  :-O()

My suggestion: Continue playing later.  =D>

What you think i want: stop between each stage, train for the next one, finish rally in 2099...  :PPP  

How to do it? Do it the way you think is the best!

You think rsrbr is already the best? I think you may be correct!  o|:)

You think it cannot be better? I think you may be wrong!  [-X

Already answered, we don't want to manage drivers problem of schedule or computer.

But maybe it needs to work several years in staff people related to championship to understand that ...
I think not, hopefully a lot of drivers understand us and agree with our way to manage this point

Unfortunately we can do better  :D  ... That's why we spent so much time to develop this addon ...
But that doesn't mean you are right ... You can have idea, and we can have answer given regarding our experience of managing this site.  ;-)

To come back to your example, if you are in stage 10, you can wait something like 30 minutes before starting the stage, if you anticipate starting of stage from SS2 to SS9 ...
Do you know you can anticipate stage starting from SS2 ?

Pas de support par MP. JE NE TRAVAILLE PAS POUR RALLYESIM QUAND UN MP ARRIVE !!!
Le forum est le meilleur endroit pour obtenir de l'aide. Plus de personnes peuvent vous aider et les réponses peuvent aider d'autres pilotes.
No support by PM. I'M NOT WORKING FOR RALLYESIM WHEN I RECEIVE A PM !!!
Forum is the best place to get help. More poeple can help you and answer can be useful for everybody !

Dim 30 Déc 2012 01:28
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Poster un nouveau sujet Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer de messages ou poster d’autres réponses.  [ 9 messages ]