Nous sommes le Ven 29 Mar 2024 08:40

Règles du forum

Ce forum est un support consacré à vos problèmes avec RBR et/ou RSRBR.
Pour chaque problème un post. Si vous créez un post, soyez précis dans le titre du sujet pour faciliter les réponses.
Tout post non conforme sera effacé !
Respectez toutes les personnes présentes qui prennent de leur temps de loisir pour organiser ce forum et vous proposer de l'aide.
Toute personne dérogeant à cette règle pourra avoir des sanctions de simple avertissement à exclusion du site

This is a forum devoted to your problems with RBR and/or RSRBR.
For each problem a post. If you create a post, be specific in the title of the topic to facilitate responses.
Post any non-compliant will be deleted!
Respect all the people who take their leisure time to organize the forum and offer to help.
Anyone departing from this rule may have sanctions warning to exclusion of site

[Solved] RSRBR + RBRTM (Czech plugin) problem. 
Auteur Message
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

N° de pilote: 4444
Pseudo Live: Bartas

Poland (pl)

[Solved] RSRBR + RBRTM (Czech plugin) problem.
Hello!
So I'm looking to install another installation of RBR to have both RSRBR and RBRTM on my machine.

I followed guidelines of this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/simrally/wiki/installrbrtm to install it.
There is info in the beginning that you should download 'DbIInstall.exe' (with link to: http://rallyesim.fr/forum_rlsm/viewtopic.php?t=212)

in order to backup, delete and then get your registry keys back in place after succesful installation of another RBR copy.

BUT, the DbIInstall.exe won't work in my case. After I try to run it in administrator mode and in  compatibility mode (windows xp, windows 7) I get this error:

(I have Windows 10 64-bit).
Before deleting registry keys, when I try to install the game again I see this:
(I can't click 'Install', I can only click play)

So I realized I have to find my registry keys and delete them manually. And I found them:

I deleted them, and now I can click Install:

And once I did, the installation starts and.... it asks me if I want to uninstall the game :/ Of course I don't want to!

Could you please help me find solution so I could install both RBR mods on my computer?
Thank you!  o|:)

Sam 5 Jan 2019 20:50
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

Message Re: RSRBR + RBRTM (Czech plugin) problem.
The link you use for the preparation of a double installation of RBR is obsolete,
please follow this one, version in french and english : viewtopic.php?p=311635&f=38#p311635  :D/

Before to proceed any other installation of RBR : Make a backup of the folder where is installed Richard Burns Rally.

Did you (sure) put the DblInstall.exe file in the RBR / RSRBR game folder, as requested in the tutorial ?
Does your antivirus not "lock" this file as a "threat", in which case you must add an exclusion.

Is this game installed in the (same) place that is wanted by Windows, ie as in the message: F:\RBR\
Compare vs. Registry Key /SCi Games/Richard Burns Rally/InstallPath (screenshot please  :D )

You say: Before destroying the registry keys, when I try to install the game I see "install" in "grayed out" in the RBR menu.
This is the logic, the game is already installed, you can not reinstall it without having previously uninstalled it.  =;

Follow the procedure of the double installation, you must start by "backing up" the registry keys "of the game before erasing them ...  :GGG

PS :

Has your "primary" RBR installation been created under WIndows 10 64bits,
or does it result from an upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10 ?  :GGG

Check in the registry if you do not have several "SCi Games" key: in the registry, F3 key,
enter "SCi Games", at "look in", check "keys", uncheck the others .

>> Fusion automatique -- 06 Jan 2019 11:16 -- Automatic merge <<

Hi Wrona,

I have news ....
Richard Burns Rally is an old game, so in 32 bits.  :(

And when you install it on a 64-bit OS like Windows 10, not everything is registered in the registry ....  :-:
There is the "uninstall" part that is hidden elsewhere: in the .. \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder
as a subfolder written in hexadecimal, such as {92C7D009-A464-4948-A980- 7A3E28CB2F49} ....  ](*,)

It does not have to be the same name, because here it's on "my" PC, maybe on yours it will be different.

Of course, \ InstallShield Installation Information 'is a hidden folder.  =;
So, go to the control panel / options files, check "show hidden files, folders and drives, as on the screenshot below:

Once done this action, in the windows explorer, go to the .. \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder
and explore each instance of the subfolders to see into the "setup.ini" files (double-click to open them) and see the one about Richard Burns Rally ....  :D/

Once located, we destroy the folder that hosts this file.  :smt072

The options of the folders are returned to normal.  8-)
And so we can install the Richard Burns Rally game again.  :-O()
(in another folder, for your second installation ...  :D )
Beware : at each new install Richard Burns Rally, this subfolder will be re-created.  #-o

Dim 6 Jan 2019 13:22
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Poland (pl)

Sun 6 Jan 2019 12:22 here  OuRaL a écrit:
The link you use for the preparation of a double installation of RBR is obsolete,
please follow this one, version in french and english : viewtopic.php?p=311635&f=38#p311635  :D/

Before to proceed any other installation of RBR : Make a backup of the folder where is installed Richard Burns Rally.

Did you (sure) put the DblInstall.exe file in the RBR / RSRBR game folder, as requested in the tutorial ?
Does your antivirus not "lock" this file as a "threat", in which case you must add an exclusion.

Is this game installed in the (same) place that is wanted by Windows, ie as in the message: F:\RBR\
Compare vs. Registry Key /SCi Games/Richard Burns Rally/InstallPath (screenshot please  :D )

You say: Before destroying the registry keys, when I try to install the game I see "install" in "grayed out" in the RBR menu.
This is the logic, the game is already installed, you can not reinstall it without having previously uninstalled it.  =;

Follow the procedure of the double installation, you must start by "backing up" the registry keys "of the game before erasing them ...  :GGG

PS :

Has your "primary" RBR installation been created under WIndows 10 64bits,
or does it result from an upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10 ?  :GGG

Check in the registry if you do not have several "SCi Games" key: in the registry, F3 key,
enter "SCi Games", at "look in", check "keys", uncheck the others .

>> Fusion automatique -- 06 Jan 2019 11:16 -- Automatic merge <<

Hi Wrona,

I have news ....
Richard Burns Rally is an old game, so in 32 bits.  :(

And when you install it on a 64-bit OS like Windows 10, not everything is registered in the registry ....  :-:
There is the "uninstall" part that is hidden elsewhere: in the .. \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder
as a subfolder written in hexadecimal, such as {92C7D009-A464-4948-A980- 7A3E28CB2F49} ....  ](*,)

It does not have to be the same name, because here it's on "my" PC, maybe on yours it will be different.

Of course, \ InstallShield Installation Information 'is a hidden folder.  =;
So, go to the control panel / options files, check "show hidden files, folders and drives, as on the screenshot below:

Once done this action, in the windows explorer, go to the .. \Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder
and explore each instance of the subfolders to see into the "setup.ini" files (double-click to open them) and see the one about Richard Burns Rally ....  :D/

Once located, we destroy the folder that hosts this file.  :smt072

The options of the folders are returned to normal.  8-)
And so we can install the Richard Burns Rally game again.  :-O()
(in another folder, for your second installation ...  :D )
Beware : at each new install Richard Burns Rally, this subfolder will be re-created.  #-o

Hello  o|:)
Respect mister. I very appreciate you took time to write such an instruction.
I can not check it in this moment, and I write it to let you know that I will as soon as possible and tell if it helped.

Thank you.  o|:)

Dim 6 Jan 2019 18:55
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

Hello Bartas,

What about the problem, is it solved ?  :GGG
If so, tell us what you did to achieve it.
No news from you since Jan 06, 2019 .... despite your visit to the forum on Jan 30, 2019 16:48.  :o

Please, give news.  :-:

Jeu 31 Jan 2019 23:39
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Poland (pl)

Thu 31 Jan 2019 22:39 here  OuRaL a écrit:
Hello Bartas,

What about the problem, is it solved ?  :GGG
If so, tell us what you did to achieve it.
No news from you since Jan 06, 2019 .... despite your visit to the forum on Jan 30, 2019 16:48.  :o

Please, give news.  :-:

Hey
I just tried it and seems like it works now. Thank you. I'm sorry for taking so long to response.
Thank you again!

Dim 3 Fév 2019 21:10
Profil Envoyer un e-mail

En relation avec ce sujet 
En relation avec ce sujet Réponses Vus Dernier message
[SOLVED] RSRBR Alone problem
de Ricsa_27 » Jeu 18 Aoû 2016 15:57
7 Réponses 4520 Vus
Dernier message de obelixVoir le dernier message  Ven 19 Aoû 2016 20:51
 [SOLVED] RSRBR DX9 PROBLEM
de nero76 » Jeu 4 Fév 2016 21:36
5 Réponses 3360 Vus