Nous sommes le Sam 27 Avr 2024 10:58

Règles du forum

Ce forum est un support consacré à vos problèmes avec votre matériel.
Pour chaque problème un post. Si vous créez un post, soyez précis dans le titre du sujet pour faciliter les réponses.
Tout post non conforme sera effacé !
Respectez toutes les personnes présentes qui prennent de leur temps de loisir pour organiser ce forum et vous proposer de l'aide.
Toute personne dérogeant à cette règle pourra avoir des sanctions de simple avertissement à exclusion du site

This is a forum devoted to your problems with your hardware.
For each problem a post. If you create a post, be specific in the title of the topic to facilitate responses.
Post any non-compliant will be deleted!
Respect all the people who take their leisure time to organize the forum and offer to help.
Anyone departing from this rule may have sanctions warning to exclusion of site

My steering wheel blues F430 FFB wheel 
Auteur Message
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

N° de pilote: 74
Pseudo Live: Leevvii-AU

Australia (au)

My steering wheel blues F430 FFB wheel
steering wheel blues

Hello to all, wondering if this is a common scenario.

I normally use a PS2 'Dualshock" controller as my method of control in RBR. i have now purchased a TM F430 FFB steering wheel set. I thought this would be a great thing, but, i just cannot come to terms with driving with the wheel. The car continully pendulum effects when driving in straight line, and skids out of control under brakes, despite being very gentle on the pedals. I know im a novice at the wheel, could it be that i have not setup the wheel right [i know, im possibly kidding myself by thinking its the wheels fault and not me LOL :DDD ]  but is there any info available on the forum [or elsewhere] that may help me set the wheel up, and perhaps a recommended settings for the wheel, for use in RBR/RSRBR? [ i have used the search function but came up mostly blank]

I reckon this might be quite common, so i thought i might ask if anyone can provide some insight into "getting used to" the steering wheel.

HINT:- Your english speaking, and new here, yes? if you use the google translate function and my/the reply seems to be in poor english, put your mouse cursor over the text in the reply, hold it there, and the original text will be displayed in a popup window overlay. might make more sense then ,......i said might LOL

Dernière édition par Leevvii le Lun 22 Déc 2014 11:12, édité 1 fois.

Mar 28 Oct 2014 04:02
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

Message Re: My steering wheel blues
28 Oct 2014 03:02 ici  Leevvii a écrit:
[ i have used the search function but came up mostly blank]

Not blank : if you search "TM F430 FFB", you can see the following topic . After, you can translate ..... as me !  :D

25 Fév 2012 16:41 ici  SeRBeR974 a écrit:
Bonjour.

Pour les heureux possesseurs du f430, j'ai eu un problème avec le volant.
Pour les jeux de circuits tout va bien. Par contre sur RSRBR2012, j'ai eu un défaut au niveau du retour de force. A première vue,
surtout sur des spéciales bosselées et en gravel, il s'est dérèglé.
J'ai eu beaucoup de problème sur quelques unes, même en tarmac.

La solution a été pour moi de desserrer la fixation du volant au poste de pilotage.
Il m'a semblé en effet que le problème venait du serrage trop excessif; du coup lors d'enchaînement de spéciales mouvementées,
le bloc galet tendeur de la courroie avait sensiblement bougé, occasionnant une oscillation droite-gauche désagréable en ligne droite ;
avec la puissance du ffb et suivant la puissance des véhicules, c'était injouable. Comme tout ceci repose sur un support "plastique",
cela a produit cet effet.

Il semble que cela va mieux; je verrais sur la durée.
J'espère que j'arriverai au bout de mon rallye écurie tout à l'heure.

o|:)
Translate this topic with your favorite online translator if the translation is not enough understandable .  =;

You can see (yellowed characters) that the pilot said : "The solution for me was to loosen the attachment of the steering wheel in the cockpit,
the roller block belt tensioner had moved substantially, causing left-right oscillation unpleasant straight;
with the power of ffb and following vehicle power, it was unplayable ."

Can you first make sure you are not in this case ?  :GGG

Then, check with the setup utility main Thrustmaster what is the value of the angle of rotation of the steering wheel before the check in RBR / RSRBR .  =;
There is less of a degree, the more sensation of steering wheel is going to be "violent and brutal", but you will not have to move much to steer
the wheel in tight turns .
Conversely, if you choose many degrees you will have a very high sensitivity and accuracy, but it will move the steering wheel a lot, maybe more turns,
it all depends on your normal driving .

It is only after this primary setting you can consider the internal settings to RBR  :

1st - The angle of rotation of the wheel "in the RBR profile." (not changeable during the game)
2nd - The angle of rotation of the wheel "in the setup of the car." (adjustable in the setup before the game)
And of course, all the other settings that make the car reacts as you want .
The default setting is "basic" setting, it may very well be for you, but it can not suit you at all . =;
It's your talent adjuster who will be able to express themselves in these settings .  :D/

Mar 28 Oct 2014 08:04
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

Citation:
Not blank : if you search " TM F430 FFB ", you can see The Following topic

Thanks, i did do a search for "Thrustmaster f430" but i did not find that one, thank you. Im battling with the search function, i need to be more exacting it seems, sorry.
Citation:
roller block belt tensioner had significantly moved
that is quite possible, i wrongly assumed that it needed to be tight, as there was some movement in the unit when in use, this theory the autor mentions makes sense, i will test it out ASAP. I would be curious if the stretching of the belt happens ONLY when overtightened, or if it has permanantly streched the belt and replacement is needed, i will investigate. Some valuable info from you also, .....thanks
Citation:
Before the check in RBR / RSRBR

BTW, i did not imply this was an RBR issue, i was more interested in any info on the setup/use of the f430, apologies. :-:  #-o

HINT:- Your english speaking, and new here, yes? if you use the google translate function and my/the reply seems to be in poor english, put your mouse cursor over the text in the reply, hold it there, and the original text will be displayed in a popup window overlay. might make more sense then ,......i said might LOL

Mar 28 Oct 2014 09:45
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Admin LiveMembre de l'associationDéveloppeurStaff Rallyesim

Ecurie: Wacky Races
N° de pilote: 19

France (fr)

Hi

I know this is not the same wheel, but maybe some parameters can match with yours.  ;-)

Sujet: [SETUP] G25 / G27 - Conduite Haute fidélitée- + SHIFTER H

mrhorsepower a écrit:
Voici mon setup pour RSRBR (Marche avec le dfp et g25)

Pour une conduite ultra réaliste et sportive  o|:)  =P~ (ressentir les cailloux, nids de poule, ornières, adhérence, transfert de masse...).

En premier, si vous êtes sous vista CLIQUEZ ICI

Step 1:

Désactiver le profiler logitech au démarrage de windows.
Pour ceci, il faut lancer msconfig dans menu démarrer / exécuter; ensuite désactiver LWEMon dans l'onglet démarrage.

Step 2:

Setup Contrôleurs de jeu dans le panneau de configuration windows:

Pour garder des sensations proches du jeu d'origine, il faut garder le même "steering ratio" qu'avec un ancien volant de 270° (Type momo) pour 504° d'angle de braquage dans RBR.
Soit (270/504)*792 = 424° pour le driver logitech. Voir super topic SJJ

• braquage volant environ 424° ratio volant
  • puissance des effets combinés 100 % à 150% (recommandé 150)
  • effet de rebond 0%
  • effet amorti 0% (non pris en charge dans RBR, plus pour les jeux type arcade...)
  • Activation du retour au centre coché à 100 %

Pas de support par MP. JE NE TRAVAILLE PAS POUR RALLYESIM QUAND UN MP ARRIVE !!!
Le forum est le meilleur endroit pour obtenir de l'aide. Plus de personnes peuvent vous aider et les réponses peuvent aider d'autres pilotes.
No support by PM. I'M NOT WORKING FOR RALLYESIM WHEN I RECEIVE A PM !!!
Forum is the best place to get help. More poeple can help you and answer can be useful for everybody !

Mar 28 Oct 2014 11:01
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

28 Oct 2014 08:45 ici  Leevvii a écrit:
BTW, i did not imply this was an RBR issue, i was more interested in any info on the setup/use of the f430, apologies. :-:  #-o
On a forum dedicated to RBR / RSRBR, it was necessary anyway you expect us to talk about !  :P

Mar 28 Oct 2014 14:42
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

Citation:
Forum was dedicated to RBR / RSRBR, It Was Necessary anyway you expect us to talk about!

"touchë!!"  :DDD  :-#  :oops:

Mar 28 Oct 2014 15:58
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

Message Re: My steering wheel blues-AND-My Thrustmaster F430 FFB V3 -Settings-
just a progress note for any "new to steering wheel" drivers that may suffer the same anguish that converting to FFB wheel driving initially caused me. Apparently, there was nothing wrong with the wheel .......................... :-s  :o  by all accounts, and i know this seems farfetched, but, ............ I, was the problem!!  =D> . To the more seasoned "wheelers" , im sure this was obvious, butr i lacked any experience in the operation of the circular guidance mechanism, and it just felt WRONG, nothing like my street car  :DD i had to retrain a la brain to a completely different perception of RBR, .........dammit, it was so easy with the ps2 contrller, suddenly, its a freakin nightmare, and it seemed not to matter what i did, it just didnt drive in a controlled manner. I adjusted settings, tuned cars and got basically nowhere.  Finally, after much persistence, i can now control the car, to a point where in can almost, nearly, possibly, keep that damn car on the road, at a moderatre pace, and finish a stage, ...........usually, more often than not, maybe!! YAY me!!
It takes the physics of RBR to a completely different level for me, i love it!

Tips :-
* REDO RALLY SCHOOL!! imperative IMO.
*Watch some good RSRBR drivers videos, learn from them, IT WORKS!!
*Dont Choke the wheel too badly, well, not unless you need to, and you WILL need to!
* Practice!!Practice!!Practice!!Practice!!Practice!!Practice!!Practice!!

My Thrustmaster F430 FFB V3 -Settings-
Axis = separate
*Master =110
*Static =56
*Dynamic =120
*Aggressive =128
*Centering = By the game

Lun 3 Nov 2014 07:01
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

I am very happy to see that our advice could you advance in the use of a steering wheel, compared to the PS2 controller you were using before.  :D/

Continue your progress, and go to the top step of the podium ...  =D>

Lun 3 Nov 2014 07:20
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

Message Re: My steering wheel NOW DECEASED!!
G'DAMN IT!! My streering wheel has just give up!! ---------- I noticed in the previous day, that the wheel was slowly rotating itself when i was not using it, this did not seem to be a big issue, but it persisted and i could smell a recognised "electrical" odour coming from the unit. The power supply was hotter than usual, and the smell persisted. So i opened it up [warranty long out of date] and found that the main circuit board heatsink was almost at melting point. The heatsink seems to be related to the power rectification part of the circuit board [but im not an engineer], and i would bet that it is NOT meant to get this hot,  and hence the odour [brain surgeon in training??]. I tried a different 20v 750ma power adaptor, and it still occurs. Now i would like to claim that this was because thrustmaster makes shit steering wheels, BUT I CANT! i think that this may have occured due to the unit being left "power on" for an extended period of time, my fault, im usually regimented with that kind of thing, but i screwed it this time. So, i guess i could try to replace the board, though i am unaware of availability of same, and i dont possess the ability to replace the IC's, so, i guess i have to call it! ......time of death, 19 Dec 2014 13:34, over stimulation of the electro-sympathic circuirt, dissrupting voltage supply to the coronary control device, occasioning extinction!  ](*,)  :((

Ven 19 Déc 2014 08:55
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

R.I.P ...  :((  :((

:Diabolo:

Ven 19 Déc 2014 09:17
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

:-D  :-D  GREAT NEWS, well, for me, at least. After the tragic passing of my Thrustmaster F430, after a brief but meaningful ceremony, I decided to buy myself a little christmas present, I brought a G27, new, at a great price on ebay, it should be here next week, YEEEEEHHHAAAWWWW!!  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  =D>

Dim 21 Déc 2014 05:57
Administrateur du site
Administrateur du site
Modérateur
Bug-Tracker

France (fr)

excellent choice !  =D>
And without bias towards this great brand is a guarantee of reliability regarding certain other more expensive brands,
and not live up to their reputation ...  :-:  :-:

Dim 21 Déc 2014 06:17
Profil Site Internet
Apprenti pilote
Apprenti pilote

Australia (au)

Citation:
excellent choice!   And without bias Towards this great brand is a guarantee of reliability --other Regarding some more expensive brands, and not live up to Their reputation ...

i hope so :-O() the history of the thrustmaster f430 [to my knowledge] was, 2 months of use by me, i purchased it used, though the previous owner claims to have only used it "less than 10 times" [they all say that  :DDD ], so to give an estimate of 6 months total usage would be fair IMO. That is really very dismal, by anybodys standards. I still believe it was overheating that killed the F430, a very simple and cheap thermal protection circuit on the main PCB between the rectifier and the 2 IC's that fried, could have saved the wheel for many a day, .........OR, .....the IDIOT that owned the unit, could have unplugged the unit between uses, LIKE THE OWNERS MANUAL HAD STATED!! this is definately the preferred option for any other owners of the F430, and i will be most careful on my G27 in the future!! Oh, and by the way, I recieved my G27 today, Its up and working in Win7 and RBR, ....YESSSSSS!! :D/

Lun 22 Déc 2014 11:09

En relation avec ce sujet 
En relation avec ce sujet Réponses Vus Dernier message
Steering wheel
de BlunT » Dim 5 Mai 2013 13:13
0 Réponses 2858 Vus
Dernier message de BlunTVoir le dernier message  Dim 5 Mai 2013 13:13
steering wheel force feedback g27
de maciejk1980 » Lun 10 Juin 2013 10:02
1 Réponses 2419 Vus
Dernier message de fifouVoir le dernier message  Lun 10 Juin 2013 10:37
 [Solved] Problems with steering wheel in RBR .
de RallyJip92-NL » Jeu 3 Jan 2019 15:20
6 Réponses 3789 Vus
Dernier message de OuRaLVoir le dernier message  Jeu 3 Jan 2019 22:05
Searching Force-Feedback Steering-Wheel for RBR
de Paxton » Mer 27 Oct 2010 20:29
2 Réponses 3190 Vus
Dernier message de PaxtonVoir le dernier message  Ven 29 Oct 2010 11:07
thrusmaster f430
de controlman39 » Lun 6 Déc 2010 12:46
3 Réponses 3168 Vus
Dernier message de SeRBeR974Voir le dernier message  Sam 25 Fév 2012 16:41