Nous sommes le Jeu 28 Mar 2024 18:43

Règles du forum

Pour poster dans cette partie du forum, vous devez signaler votre numéro, pseudo et adresse email sur RSRBRLive (facultatif). Un template est créé à chacun de vos post pour vous faciliter cette tâche : vous pouvez l'effacer si vous avez déjà fourni les explications et fait votre présentation. MERCI !

To post in this part of the forum, you must report your number, nickname and email address on RSRBRLive (optional). A template is created for each of your post to facilitate your task: you can delete it if you have already provided explanations and make your presentation. THANK YOU!

Head gasket failure 
Auteur Message
Pilote novice
Pilote noviceManager Team

Team: TROLLyota Racing/Braus Catalonia Team
Ecurie: Junior Team Catalonia
N° de pilote: 1
Pseudo Live: Juhopack

Catalunya (ct)

Message Head gasket failure
Good morning,

Since the beginning of the season I'm struggling a bit when playing in Championship with the "normal" physics and "realistic" damages. Due to applying the new damage repair system after every loop, where you can choose what to repair, sometimes it is impossible to repair everything because of how damaged the head gaskets get after 3 or 4 stages (each head gasket takes 10 mins to be repaired). You can make a clean loop without hitting anything but the head gasket damage still appears, they are even accentuated in realistic.

I did a quick research about this issue and it looks liket it was known long time ago by the RBR community, actually WorkerBee created  patch for the FixUp plugin to set the "Head Gasket Durability" (Read below)

Citation:
IIX. Head Gasket Durability
When driving with realistic damage settings the head gasket might get damaged more than one would expect, especially on long tracks (e.g. Noiker).
With this fix you can specify how much longer the head gasket resists the damage (see "Configuration").
Note: actually the calculation of the head gasket damage is kind of voodoo and involves some randomness. With this fix you should be able to get rid of this annoying behavior.

In the FixUp plugin the value of this field is set by default at "10", I bet they are the kms you can do after all 4 head gaskets are blown, at first you lose power but after 10 kms the engines dies, this is what almost happened to me in Terre des Causses Aveyron, where I lost half a minute, and the car started to struggle around the 10 km.
It looks that if you put "100" the head gaskets will last 100 kms before making the engine die, I tried in Alone and it seems to be working, but in Championship, it is impossible to change that value, every time you start the stage it is like the file get back to the default version of itself, even if you set it to "read only" and the value remains at "10".

Sincerely, I don't know how to solve this problem, I think I tried everything: activate the protection of the gearbox in the profile, drive more carefully, try to edit FixUp file, but I got no success. Hope you can help me in this matter, I'm open for suggestions.  o|:)

It is like fright or death? You can choose to repair the head gasket and drive and undrivable car or repair everything except head gaskets and make the engine dies.  :DDD

https://www.twitch.tv/juhopack

https://www.youtube.com/@juhopackgaming

Mer 29 Juin 2022 13:32
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Consultants
Pilote professionnel
Consultants
Administrateur du site
Membre de l'associationDéveloppeurModérateurs ForumStaff Rallyesim

N° de pilote: 680
Pseudo Live: Papy Jim

France (fr)

Message Re: Head gasket failure
29 Juin 2022 12:32 ici  Juhopack a écrit:
Good morning,

Since the beginning of the season I'm struggling a bit when playing in Championship with the "normal" physics and "realistic" damages. Due to applying the new damage repair system after every loop, where you can choose what to repair, sometimes it is impossible to repair everything because of how damaged the head gaskets get after 3 or 4 stages (each head gasket takes 10 mins to be repaired). You can make a clean loop without hitting anything but the head gasket damage still appears, they are even accentuated in realistic.

I did a quick research about this issue and it looks liket it was known long time ago by the RBR community, actually WorkerBee created  patch for the FixUp plugin to set the "Head Gasket Durability" (Read below)

Citation:
When driving with realistic damage settings the head gasket might get damaged more than one would expect, especially on long tracks (e.g. Noiker).
With this fix you can specify how much longer the head gasket resists the damage (see "Configuration").
Note: actually the calculation of the head gasket damage is kind of voodoo and involves some randomness. With this fix you should be able to get rid of this annoying behavior.

In the FixUp plugin the value of this field is set by default at "10", I bet they are the kms you can do after all 4 head gaskets are blown, at first you lose power but after 10 kms the engines dies, this is what almost happened to me in Terre des Causses Aveyron, where I lost half a minute, and the car started to struggle around the 10 km.
It looks that if you put "100" the head gaskets will last 100 kms before making the engine die, I tried in Alone and it seems to be working, but in Championship, it is impossible to change that value, every time you start the stage it is like the file get back to the default version of itself, even if you set it to "read only" and the value remains at "10".

Sincerely, I don't know how to solve this problem, I think I tried everything: activate the protection of the gearbox in the profile, drive more carefully, try to edit FixUp file, but I got no success. Hope you can help me in this matter, I'm open for suggestions.  o|:)

It is like fright or death? You can choose to repair the head gasket and drive and undrivable car or repair everything except head gaskets and make the engine dies.  :DDD

Hi
I am aware of the cylinder head gasket problem, I have already had feedback on this subject.
Currently, for the next update at the beginning of July, I fixed the problem of "4" cylinder head gaskets in the garage of RSCenter, but 4 is not possible since there is only one. So the cylinder head gaskets have been linked in 1 only, which will make it possible to repair only once for 1 2 3 or 4 failures.
As far as the head gasket of the fixUp is concerned, I am willing to raise the value to 100 or rather to 30 since no special stage exceeds this distance.
I must add that I don't know the result of a value greater than 10 in the fixUp. I'm going to test before integrating another value, but unfortunately I never manage to break the cylinder head gasket but I have an idea, that of doing a special of more than 10 km and stopping, putting neutral and accelerate fully until it breaks, then change the value to 30 and try again.

Does that work for you ?

Another thing, do you always run the engine at the maximum constantly?

>> Fusion automatique -- 29 Juin 2022 16:47 -- Automatic merge <<

I just did 3 tests
Method: Noiker gravel with DS3 WRC 2016, I rode the switches all the way to 500m from the finish, I put neutral, I accelerated until the temperature rose to 100 ° then I braked at the same time and I went into 4th gear until the temperature climbed to a maximum of 139°, then I finished the special.

Head Gasket at 10: Broken Head Gasket
Head Gasket at 30: Broken Head Gasket
Head Gasket at 100: Broken Head Gasket

It's true that I made the engine suffer to break the seal.

I'm going to leave the value 100 to hope that it will fix the problem, but I'm not sure. I can't do anything more, for sure a lot of riders push the engine very high all the time, they're going to have to react because the power of an engine is much lower than that and it's even more low for the couple.

I hope I answered you correctly.

RBR: Cocréateur de Rallyesim Association, Cocréateur de RSRBR, Créateur de Rallyesim.com, Créateur de RSCenter + RSNetwork + CreateRally + SendReplays XP + SendTimes + Mix Mod + Textures + Physics, etc... - Android: Créateur de RBR Analogic Dashboard + RBR Dash Racing - DirtRally: Créateur de Dirt Game Event Ranking, Gestionnaire du championnat en ligne Dirt Rally 2017, 2018 et 2019, Dirt Rally 2.0 2020, 2021 et 2022

Mer 29 Juin 2022 16:47
Profil Envoyer un e-mail Site Internet
Pilote novice

Catalunya (ct)

Wed 29 Jun 2022 15:47 here  Papy Jim a écrit:
Good morning,

Citation:

Hi
I am aware of the cylinder head gasket problem, I have already had feedback on this subject.
Currently, for the next update at the beginning of July, I fixed the problem of "4" cylinder head gaskets in the garage of RSCenter, but 4 is not possible since there is only one. So the cylinder head gaskets have been linked in 1 only, which will make it possible to repair only once for 1 2 3 or 4 failures.
As far as the head gasket of the fixUp is concerned, I am willing to raise the value to 100 or rather to 30 since no special stage exceeds this distance.
I must add that I don't know the result of a value greater than 10 in the fixUp. I'm going to test before integrating another value, but unfortunately I never manage to break the cylinder head gasket but I have an idea, that of doing a special of more than 10 km and stopping, putting neutral and accelerate fully until it breaks, then change the value to 30 and try again.

Does that work for you ?

I just did 3 tests
Method: Noiker gravel with DS3 WRC 2016, I rode the switches all the way to 500m from the finish, I put neutral, I accelerated until the temperature rose to 100 ° then I braked at the same time and I went into 4th gear until the temperature climbed to a maximum of 139°, then I finished the special.

I'm going to leave the value 100 to hope that it will fix the problem, but I'm not sure. I can't do anything more, for sure a lot of riders push the engine very high all the time, they're going to have to react because the power of an engine is much lower than that and it's even more low for the couple.

Hi! Thanks for your answer and tests.

I use to change gear between 4000 and 5000 rpms, so I don't think the car suffers too much in this way. By the way, it is true that sometimes I downshift too fast, do you think this could be the reason?

On the other hand, I think that it is a good idea to solve the problem by merging the 4 cylinders in 1, spend 10 minutes instead of 30-40 minutes in the service area is reasonable and would mostly solve this problem in the way it will be possible to repair other parts.

Finally, about the "head gasket durability" parameter, according to your testing, it looks like it stills being a mystery, but I agree with you that probably it is better to set a value at 100 or 1000 or whatever instead of the default value of 10.

Thanks you so much.

Post via iPhone Image

>> Fusion automatique -- Wed 29 Jun 2022 19:12 -- Automatic merge <<

Wed 29 Jun 2022 18:09 here  Juhopack a écrit:
Good morning,

Citation:

Hi

Does that work for you ?

I just did 3 tests

I use to change gear between 4000 and 5000 rpms, so I don't think the car suffers too much in this way. By the way, it is true that sometimes I downshift too fast, do you think this could be the reason?

On the other hand, I think that it is a good idea to solve the problem by merging the 4 cylinders in 1, spend 10 minutes instead of 30-40 minutes in the service area is reasonable and would mostly solve this problem in the way it will be possible to repair other parts.

Finally, about the "head gasket durability" parameter, according to your testing, it looks like it stills being a mystery, but I agree with you that probably it is better to set a value at 100 or 1000 or whatever instead of the default value of 10.

Thanks you so much.

PS: I don't know if it helps, but it seems that the car runs well with 1, 2 or 3 damaged cylinders but the performance starts to decrease when you damage the 4th.

Post via iPhone Image

Mer 29 Juin 2022 19:12
Profil Envoyer un e-mail
Consultants
Pilote professionnel
Consultants
Administrateur du site
Membre de l'associationDéveloppeurModérateurs ForumStaff Rallyesim

N° de pilote: 680
Pseudo Live: Papy Jim

France (fr)

29 Juin 2022 18:12 ici  Juhopack a écrit:
Good morning,

Citation:

Hi

Does that work for you ?

I just did 3 tests

Thanks you so much.

Post via iPhone Image

>> Fusion automatique -- Wed 29 Jun 2022 19:12 -- Automatic merge <<

Wed 29 Jun 2022 18:09 here  Juhopack a écrit:
Good morning,

Citation:

Hi

Does that work for you ?

I just did 3 tests

Thanks you so much.

PS: I don't know if it helps, but it seems that the car runs well with 1, 2 or 3 damaged cylinders but the performance starts to decrease when you damage the 4th.

Post via iPhone Image

yes, downshifting too soon causes the engine rpm to rise higher than the switch rpm, so that may be what breaks the head gasket but it's not sure. Enabling gearbox protection in the settings might help but I don't like this option because when I downshift I know what gear I'm going to be on and if the option is on I have to watch the counter to really know what gear is engaged because if I downshift too quickly, it does not change the gear and I find myself under revs when exiting a corner.

I'm going to leave 100 for head gasket durability, we'll see if that can solve some head gasket breaks.

RBR: Cocréateur de Rallyesim Association, Cocréateur de RSRBR, Créateur de Rallyesim.com, Créateur de RSCenter + RSNetwork + CreateRally + SendReplays XP + SendTimes + Mix Mod + Textures + Physics, etc... - Android: Créateur de RBR Analogic Dashboard + RBR Dash Racing - DirtRally: Créateur de Dirt Game Event Ranking, Gestionnaire du championnat en ligne Dirt Rally 2017, 2018 et 2019, Dirt Rally 2.0 2020, 2021 et 2022

Mer 29 Juin 2022 19:21
Profil Envoyer un e-mail Site Internet
Pilote novice

Catalunya (ct)

Wed 29 Jun 2022 18:21 here  Papy Jim a écrit:
yes, downshifting too soon causes the engine rpm to rise higher than the switch rpm, so that may be what breaks the head gasket but it's not sure. Enabling gearbox protection in the settings might help but I don't like this option because when I downshift I know what gear I'm going to be on and if the option is on I have to watch the counter to really know what gear is engaged because if I downshift too quickly, it does not change the gear and I find myself under revs when exiting a corner.

I'm going to leave 100 for head gasket durability, we'll see if that can solve some head gasket breaks.

Yup, that's it, I tried with the gearbox protection and it works soooo bad, you hardly know what gear you are using  :DDD

Thank you so much for your time, appreciate it.  o|:)

Jeu 30 Juin 2022 16:19
Profil Envoyer un e-mail